From our foundation as an association of useful learning, information dissemination and upholding standards, we take it as our responsibility to research, teach and be of benefit to society – to reach not only to paid up members but to the whole country so that we can make Uganda a healthy place to live. Our ambition is to be the leading Associations of change in Uganda.
In addition of our strategic Plan. The following are the activities earmarked in the line of the Association:
• Networking with other existing organisations e.g. APMP to curve out a way forward to work towards development of formidable industry in UG.
• Working hand in hand with standards bodies and persons (Petroleum Engineers) as well as government towards the development of baseline safety standards of LPG in the country.
• Drafting training programmes to facilitate industry player staff.
• Sourcing Research consultants to work with LPG staff team towards undertaking a current and updated survey of the industry in order to establish the urgent and most unique challenges to concentrate on resolving in the industry.
• Liaising with government ministries regarding the possibility of facilitating a National LPG Communication campaign.
• Lobbying government to maintain focus and include in its strategic policies on LPG and support of the LPG industry.
• Continuous networking with WLPGAS and local industry players to keep the LPG fire burning, and urging members who are not yet fully signed onto the association to do so. Upon completion of this, then management and control structures shall be agreed upon democratically by all subscribed members.